Your air conditioner is an essential component of your Clearwater, Florida home that provides relief from the heat. But, as with most machines, they will eventually need to be replaced.
Knowing the signs that you need an air conditioner replacement can help you save money and avoid discomfort. Here are some telltale signs that it’s time to replace your AC unit:
- Your air conditioner is over 8 years old. Most air conditioners last between 10 and 15 years. But in Florida, where your AC runs for most of the year, the realistic lifespan is 8 to 10 years. If your unit is well-maintained, you can delay an air conditioner replacement for a few more years.
- It breaks down frequently. Have you noticed that your air conditioner breaks down frequently? Air conditioner replacement may be more cost-effective than repairs. Investing in a new unit will also eliminate the worry of unexpected outages and costs.
- The energy bills keep climbing. Your energy bills have risen significantly, and you haven’t adjusted your AC use or incurred utility rate hikes. In that case, your AC unit may be the cause. An inefficient air conditioner must run longer to maintain the temperature, which translates to increased energy costs.
- It makes unusual noises. An air conditioner that makes grinding, squealing, or rattling noises may be trying to tell you there’s a problem with the motor or fan. Depending on the severity of the issue, you may need an air conditioner replacement.
- Poor indoor air quality. If your allergies or respiratory issues have flared up, your air conditioner may be circulating allergens in your home, indicating that it’s time for a replacement.
Contact us if your air conditioner is exhibiting one or more of these signs or if you’d like more information about our air conditioning services.